Here is the 12th of my series on “Back to Telephone Basics” to share with your staff.
- You discuss the caller’s issue with the person you are transferring to and then introduce the caller
- Mr. Smith, it was a pleasure speaking with you. John in our accounting department will be able to help you
- John takes over the call and you quietly disconnect
- You transfer the caller to another department that will satisfy their needs and give the caller the extension
- Mr. Smith, I am really sorry that I could not help you; however, I am confident that anyone in our accounting department will know exactly how to help you. For your information, that department’s direct extension is
This week’s question for your employees – What other transfer scripts should we have?
Thank you for reading and sharing!
Laura Sikorski – Independent Call Center Consultant
WebTV Show Video Archives http://thedailyblu.com/video/video/search?q=sikorski%27s+think+abouts