Here is the 9th of my series on “Back to Telephone Basics” to share with your staff.
First, be sure your Supervisors “floor walk” as much as possible to really get a sense of what is happening in your center.
Yes, sometimes your customers get angry and perhaps use foul language; however, management must research WHY and correct the process or issue(s) as soon as possible.
Tips for Your Staff
- Listen and do not jump to conclusions
- Be encouraging
- Show the caller you are paying attention
- Pay attention to everything that is said NOT just the information you are looking for
- Notice what is not said
- Focus on what the caller is saying NOT on what you are going to say next
- Take notes on key words
- Let the caller talk
Steps to Prevent Customer Dissatisfaction
- Anticipate their needs
- Take the initiative to solve problems
- Do your job carefully the first time
- Keep your promises
This week’s question for your employees – What made our customers angry this week and what can we do to fix it?
Thank you for reading and sharing!
Laura Sikorski – Independent Call Center Consultant