Here is the 8th of my series on “Back to Telephone Basics” to share with your staff.
Why do customers leave:
- 1% Die (Sadly)
- 3% Move Away
- 14% Competition
- 14% Product Dissatisfaction
- 68% Indifferent Attitude
It is important to know that “Complaints Can Be Profitable” and you hope that your customers will complain and not be indifferent. 95% will not complain and the remainder get MAD or get EVEN.
Customers that get MAD
- Are 2 times as likely to buy again if they speak up
- Are 6 times as likely to buy again if their problems are solved
- Are 9 times as likely to buy again if their problems are solved quickly and professionally
Customers that get EVEN
- Are UNHAPPY and will tell 10 to 12 others about it
Today if your customers use Social Media to complain they can reach over 150,000 with a few clicks!
Customer Service (CS) is what you do for your customers at a specific time to help with an issue
- Poor CS almost guarantees that the next time your customer has a need, they’ll look elsewhere
Customer Experience (CX) is how your customers feel (the warm and fuzzy) about your Services and Products
- Really helping customers and delivering a positive experience will create customer loyalty
- It costs 7 times more to attract a new customer than to retain an existing customer
This week’s question for your employees – Did our customers complain this week and if so, about what?
Thank you for reading and sharing!
Laura Sikorski – Independent Call Center Consultant