Here is the 6th of my series on “Back to Telephone Basics” to share with your staff.
Use your personality . . .
- Move forward in your chair
- Your voice will sound more animated, natural and interesting
Seek a rapport with your caller . . .
- Listen for speech patterns
- Use similar words
Use positive and direct language . . .
- Don’t say – “I will try to call you later this week”
- Instead say – “I will call you Monday morning at 11:30”
- Don’t say – “We cannot get that to you until Friday”
- Instead say – I can confirm a Friday afternoon delivery between 2 and 3pm”
Be concise . . .
- Respect the caller’s time and your own
- Be ready to take the call
- Stay focused
This week’s question for your employees – What do you wish you could do for our customers?
Thank you for reading and sharing!
Laura Sikorski – Independent Call Center Consultant