My next few blogs will focus on “Back to Telephone Basics” to share with your staff.
- Never assume your customers understand what you are saying no matter how plainly, simply or obviously you think you are saying it
- Avoid company jargon/terminology as it will confuse your customers
- Your customers should get accurate and courteous service from the first person they speak to without needing to talk to anyone else during the call
- The telephone is a “power” instrument . . . you can be very confident since you are only presenting a part of yourself for judgment
- It is easier to focus on making your voice work for you rather than pulling together sight, sound, smell and touch
This week’s question for your employees – Do you know all the features on your telephone/softphone and how to use each one?
Thank you for reading and sharing!
Laura Sikorski – firstname.lastname@example.org