What should your staff do to be “smart communicators?”
Create a rapport
- Use the caller’s name
- Ask questions
- Let the caller know they want to solve their problem
- Empathize and apologize when necessary
- Indicate that they have taken notes and want to review the problem so they can help with the best solution
Create the solution
- The call is their partner, so they should ask them for help
- Ask what he or she would like them to do
- Explore all options
Your staff must remember that it is the long-term relationship that counts. They should be prepared to invest time with your customers as your ultimate goal is customer satisfaction.
Thank you for reading and sharing.