Omni-Channel is when your company, via appropriate technology, provides the same experience for your customers on the channel/method of their choice.
More simply put, the same brand information, policies and procedures are followed by your staff or displayed on your website, FAQs or mobile app.
View “omni-channel” through the eyes of your customer and “think like a customer” when you are developing your channels:
- Orchestrate the process so that it is seamless, consistent and integrated with your front/back office systems
- Realize and anticipate that customers may start off in one channel and move to another during resolution
- Be sure any hand-off/transfer is easy and without the need for a customer to repeat why they contacted you
What is a great “omni” experience:
- Knowing who your customers are
- Interaction and channel type history
- Products/services they purchase
- Problems/Issues they have had in the past
- Showing your customers they are valued by
- Personalized offers
- Pro-active contact BEFORE they know there is an issue
My advice, be sure you have a customer journey map for every customer interaction in every channel.
Thank you for reading and sharing,