Our recent WebTV show on The Daily Blu was about “Empathy in the Workplace.” It really hit home for many of our viewers http://tinyurl.com/nt57rcj
Our guest was Deidre Siegel, Founder and CEO of PEAR™ Core Solutions located in Woodbury, NY.
Excellent information on why “empathy” is an important trait for senior level executives, middle management and organizational teams.
Here are the questions Deidre answered:
- Why do we care about empathy in the workplace?
- How does low empathy impact your team and your profits?
- How do you know if your company has low empathy levels?
- What can we do to boost empathy?
Do hope you will consider some of these great “Think Abouts” for discussion at your next management meeting:
- Mentor your staff
- Provide clear career paths
- Educate by continuous training and outside seminars
- Walk the workfloor
- Recognize that your staff is your greatest asset
Our twitter question was “I have a valued senior employee who just isn’t happy at work anymore. He is always negative and his attitude is starting to rub-off on others. Any advice on what I can do?” Deidre was spot on with her advice!
Thanks for sharing our blog . . .